BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Google Homepages »

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Behind The Name

Fall of 2009: I was finally able to take the class I had been anticipating since the beginning of my knowledge about Outpouring School of Ministry (School of Theology to the old schoolers). The class was "Prayer, Praise and Worship." Not only did this class cover three of my most favorite topics in the entire universe, but it was taught by one of the sweetest, most beautiful, most anointed women I know, Pastor Renee' Norris. While doing my readings for the class I came across the scripture Psalm 144:1. "Blessed be the Lord, my Rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle." In the manual she associated this scripture with the act of playing musical instruments. I had never thought of it in this way. It intrigued me to know that when I played the drums as a child or when I practice guitar, I am battling and waring! Even though I had only began learning to "battle" with my fingers on the guitar about a month earlier, I was battling nonetheless.

So this begins the story of my journey through the Lord my Rock training my hands for war and my fingers for battle...

1 comments:

*~* Rhemma *~* said...

awesome association! you are being trained up for war!